Friday, September 1, 2017

Fall Color Preview


Fall is my all time favorite season of the year, devoid of all the holiday hustle and bustle. Yet, it brings pumpkins, pumpkins, and more pumpkins. Apple cider and hayrides, and pumpkin patches and corn mazes, and haunted houses too. We decorate our humble abodes with pumpkins and squash, hay bales and corn stalks, and pine cones and acorns. Right in the midst of the fever pitch, comes Halloween with ghosts and goblins and hooligans too. That one special night brings us ugly witches with scary spells, hairy pirates with long black swords, and fire breathing dragons and demons and more. 

Just when you think the season is nie, Thanksgiving arrives. The leaves have fallen, heaped high on the curb. The air has turned to a crispier chill. It's Thanksgiving Day with a feast to thrill. Turkey and dressing and casseroles galore. Pumpkin pie just so sweet and hot mugs of cider, what a treat. Fall, how I love thee. 

These images are from Fall's past taken throughout Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee. From along the scenic byways, deep within the wildlife refuge and forest, and high up on the mountains. Fall will soon be upon us. ENJOY! 

7 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. I hope you and Hugh are doing ok. Take care and thank you for stopping by Jean. Carol

      Delete
  2. Fall is the best hiking season too. Great pix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great season for hiking with its crisp weather. Thanks for stopping in. Carol

      Delete
  3. I love all the views...would not have minded seeing full sized shots of all of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can put a post up with all of the images Rose. I thought about it. I love Fall so. Carol

      Delete
  4. I feel the same way Felicia. I hope you will post some beautiful shots from PA. I love seeing all your images. Carol

    ReplyDelete