Friday, August 25, 2017

Blue Smoke of The Smokies


No matter what you try to do to tone down the blue smoke from photos of the beautiful Smoky Mountains, there's no getting rid of it. That blue smoke gave the national park its name. So as I see you off for a wonderful weekend, here's a little 'blue smoke' from my recent trip to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. For those of you along the Texas coast, prayers and thoughts go out to you and I hope you evacuated to stay safe from Hurricane Harvey making landfall today. ENJOY!

7 comments :

  1. Nothing here about Harvey, it looks like a catastrophic event. The Blue Smoke, beautiful. Stay safe, all those in Texas and further inland , for those who have left their homes, in New Zealand terms, " Kia Kaha", be strong, when the going gets tough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harvey is a catastrophic event and I hate to see it. It's just starting to make landfall. Hope all is well with you. Thanks for stopping by Jean. Carol

      Delete
  2. I love that view of the distant mountains in the Smokies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing like it anywhere else in the world. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this....nothing quite as appealing to me as East Tennessee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the mountains there. Thank God they have the national park. It's a treasure. Carol

      Delete