Thursday, July 13, 2017

Waxing Nostalgic

Just what does waxing nostalgic mean . . .

To wax in this instance is to grow (as the moon does when it isn't waning). 
The word is related to the German "wachsen" meaning much the same. 
Nostalgic originally meant homesick, but now generally refers to a longing for bygone days.
In other words "having an increasing longing for times past".


. . . an old 1950's Chevrolet Bel Air with a hood ornament or as we used to say "Chevy"


. . . a faded red 1960's Plymouth Belevdere



. . . an old Dodge truck



. . . an old 1960's Ford Galaxie 500


. . . old style logos and graphics from by gone days


. . . and least it slips our minds, the 1930's Ford Police Utility Wagon or as it reads, "Paddy Wagon"

I hope you enjoyed this trip down memory lane as I was waxing nostalgic this evening and couldn't resist the urge to throw up some images from my trek to Old Car City in Cartersville, Georgia, from last August's trip. What a unique and remarkable place. I would love to go back some time. Hope you are all well. It's a tad warm here in middle Tennessee with temps in the upper 90's. ENJOY!

11 comments :

  1. I think I remember those from last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did repeat one or two. Hope you enjoyed them all. Carol

      Delete
  2. Down here, we had a whole 4 Celsius at midday yesterday, slightly more today. Snow in heaps, 2 hours north and East of us, ice on so many roads, one area over 10,000 homes still without power.
    Old cars, and a Paddy Wagon, that is so vintage. They could all do with a clean, and a "wax and polish"!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear from you Jean. Stay warm and safe in that horrific Winter weather you're having down there. Carol

      Delete
  3. Oh, I did enjoy the trip down memory lane...love to look at old cars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just so fun. When I looked up the paddy wagon I had no idea it was a 1935. Carol

      Delete
  4. I thought about that Felicia. I should do one or two and see what they look like. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by Felicia. I love hearing from you. And I welcome all your thoughts. Thanks so much. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Geweldig daar zou ik ook nog wel eens willen lopen vooral de laatste vind ik heel erg mooi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for stopping. It was such an interesting walk through vintage cars. I really want to go back and do it again when I have more time. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you again for all the knowledge you distribute,Good post. I was very interested in the article, it's quite inspiring I should admit. I like visiting you site since I always come across interesting articles like this one.Great Job, I greatly appreciate that.Do Keep sharing! Regards, Brazilian wax in Manhattan

    ReplyDelete