Friday, July 29, 2016

Beautiful Arrington Vineyards


As you pass through the gates of Arrington Vineyards, which is situated about sixty miles south of Nashville, a huge wine barrel greets you surrounded by flowers and foliage. It definitely makes a statement not to be missed. To the left, as well as across the street, sits row after row of beautiful vineyards where Arrington's award winning grapes are ripening on the vines as I write this post.


Kix Brooks, of the country music duo, Brooks and Dunn, winemaker Kip Summers, and entrepreneur John Russell, AV, created Arrington some years back. The vineyard sits on 75 picturesque acres of Tennessee countryside and is a prime location for receptions and musical venues. One of the main buildings for visitors has a rustic lodge like feel and houses a Gift Shop and Tasting Room where you can purchase gifts, tours and wine tastings.


Take a look at just a few of the many wine bottles adorned with bright colored satin ribbons holding gold and silver medals won by Arrington's many wines. Anybody for a wine tasting?


With temperatures reading in the mid 90's on this particular afternoon, I didn't linger long out of doors, but managed to take a quick stroll among the grapevines down the hill from the Gift Shop and Tasting Room.


A huge lawn with picnic tables strewn about for visitors separates the main vineyards from the Tasting Room, the main offices and the Barrel House. On weekends bands play on the lawn, and with this being the Country Music Capital, there's surely a fair share of concerts that takes place throughout the year. If only it had been cooler so I could linger for a while among the vines.

Our weather in middle Tennessee has cooled off for today with intermittent thunderstorms. I am sure the heat will pick back up when the front moves through. It's been a grueling Summer with highs in the mid to upper 90's almost daily with the heat index topping out between 105 and 110. As I worked out in the heat each day, I found days when I couldn't wait to get home and 'peel off my clothes' from the heat. Did I mention I just might be ready for Fall. I didn't just say that, did I. Have a great weekend all. ENJOY!

No comments :

Post a Comment