Thursday, March 10, 2016

Favorites Series - Wisteria


Wisteria's purple blooms are so beautiful. Wispy and winding they hang off of the Wisteria tree in large bunches. When I see a Wisteria tree filled with bunches of blooms, a magical feeling comes over me. Several years ago on a sunny April afternoon, I visited Cave Hill Cemetery in Louisville. Cave Hill is on the National Register of Historic Places and is definitely a 'must do' stop if you visit downtown Louisville. There is a beautiful lake, gorgeous architectural gardens and headstones and landscaped lawns everywhere. Ornamental trees and bushes thrive throughout the entire grounds. I love Wisterias and decided this image would be perfect for my Favorites Series.

On a side note, it isn't often that I can say I haven't been out to take photographs for a good while. In this case it's been about six weeks. No sooner had I gotten over bronchitis than I had to have some major dental work, two root canals and two crowns. I thought I had escaped ever having to have a root canal especially after hearing all of the horror stories about them over the years. There have been more people working in my mouth in the past week than I think there have been in my whole life. Thankfully, that is behind me and Spring is upon us. ENJOY!

1 comment :

  1. Ouch! Sorry to hear of your dental woes, Carol. I love your wisteria - I can almost smell its perfume.

    ReplyDelete