Monday, January 18, 2016

Ode to Spring


Winter harkens the darkest of days, with bitter cold and snow filled skies.
As Winter days bring sleet and ice, we dream of a warmer season.
A season filled with sunny days and warm wispy breezes.
Of misty raindrops that water each flower petal nurturing new life.
Of bright yellow Daffodils and pink and white Dogwoods in bloom.
We dream of Spring.

I captured this image on a warm Summer's day as I drove through West Virginia on my way home to Kentucky from a trip to the Eastern Shore of Maryland and Virginia. A field of Poppy flowers greeted me at a visitor center there. The sun was shrouded by clouds, but the pinks, lavenders and yellows of the Poppies were so beautiful. ENJOY!

1 comment :

  1. That hot pink says summer to me as I look out my windows at white.

    ReplyDelete