Sunday, January 24, 2016

Stable Barn, Long Hollow Pike

After Friday's major snowfall, I finally made my way out to the grocery today. Before heading home, I drove along Long Hollow Pike to view the landscape. There are several farms along this road. The road runs parallel to Main Street in Hendersonville.


This beautiful red barn caught my attention as I came upon it so I pulled into a subdivision to take a few images. Something about snow and barns. A perfect mix. There is a large pasture to one side of the barn where several horses were grazing.


This barn is very small, but I love the shape of it. I think it's a stable barn as best I can tell from Google. What I like about it most were the cupolas on top of the barn. There were three cupolas with the center one housing a weather vane of a horse perched above it.


Keep in mind when driving after a snowfal, there are less places to pull your car over to stop and take photos. So you have to pick the time and place wisely. Hope everyone is safe and warm especially those folks in the States who have encountered Jonas. ENJOY!    Linking to the Barn Collective

6 comments :

  1. Red really pops in that snow! Love the cupolas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scene! Love the copulas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! This is a beauty. Unusual and in pristine condition. Love the doors. Seeing the Nashville. I was married there and went to summer school at Peabody but lived in the nursing dorm at Vanderbilt. It seems like a century ago. It was such a FUN summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Carol for joining The Barn Collective this week, please return again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that first image.

    ReplyDelete