Monday, September 14, 2015

Hamilton Creek Sailboat Marina

For as long as I can remember I have had a love affair with sailboats. I especially love the wooden sailboats I oftentimes see plying the waters in New England when I visit there. But I will take any sailboat, wooden or otherwise.


Aside from the occasional shower, the weather here has finally cooled off and last evening was gorgeous. After running errands, I stopped to capture a few images of the boats at Hamilton Creek Sailboat Marina in east Nashville. The marina sits on the west side of Percy Priest Lake about ten minutes from where I live.


One of the things I like most about where I live is being near two large bodies of water, Old Hickory Lake and Percy Priest Lake, not to mention two rivers, the Stones River and the Cumberland River. The weather has been perfect for sailing or any other kind of water sport. Blue skies, blue waters and soft breezes. Thanks everyone for all of your great comments on my images of the Elk and Bison I posted recently. I really appreciate it. ENJOY!

4 comments :

  1. daar liggen mooie bij.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made your new home in a beautiful area, Carol. There seem to be unlimited photo opportunities. I see your leaves aren't changing yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful there on the lakes with all the boats at the docks. Our weather has cooled down especially at night but the days have been sunny and warm still. I hope it continues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of sailboats, too. They are a form of art.

    ReplyDelete