Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Greylag Geese & Great News


At the Lexington Research Park on Saturday, I discovered a rather large gaggle of Greylag Geese. At least I think that is what they are after some research. The research park is a large building that houses research facilities for the University of Kentucky and there is a small lake housed right behind the building. I saw my first Belted Kingfisher fly way way off in the distance to a tree just as walked up to the edge of the lake. There were other birds that flew off as I approached. And then I spotted these geese, who in turned spotted me, and they hightailed it for the lake which was alright with me. If you are not familiar, these are domestic geese and could be hybrids.


Now on to some news...drum roll please. I have a new website being created which will be live in the next few weeks!!!! Envision visiting my website to view my photos in a gallery, buy prints, read about my workshops and more. And best of all I will still have my blog that you can follow through an RSS feed! You didn't think I would leave you guys behind did you. Never. Your encouragement inspires me every day. And wait until you hear about the workshops I am putting together. I have some great ideas that I am working on for a photography workshop in the Bluegrass 'Horse Farm' Region and around the bourbon distilleries. I pray you will follow me to my website when I make this move. I promise you will be the first to hear when it goes live. In the meantime I could use your thoughts pro or con about this adventure I am embarking on. So please leave me a note. ENJOY!

4 comments :

  1. The wait is over, and so exciting, would you ever think of doing online lessons or tutorials ? I can only say that I send so many good wishes and congratulations for this next step, and am sure it will be a huge success. Be confident, be your own person, and all will be well, hugs and greetings, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Yes, of course I'll follow you to the next website, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really exciting for you Carol and I hope it's all successful for you! I enjoy your photos and I know many others do as well. Wishing you all the best! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing what you do. I keep wondering how I can make more of photography on my blog, or in addition to it. Hope the transition goes well.

    ReplyDelete