Friday, December 26, 2014

One Thousand Posts

Way back in the year 2008, I began this blog with hopes of sharing my photographs with you. My blog started out as A Photographic Journal, and soon thereafter I changed the name to the one you find today. In the beginning I had no idea where this journey would take me or if anyone would follow along. Yet, along my journey I have found friends from half way across the globe in places like New Zealand and Australia. You come from places close by too such as Great Britain and Canada. And from places closer still such as Colorado and Maine and Massachusetts in the States.


You leave me comments. You compliment me. You inspire me. You are with me through good weather and bad, through remembrances and holidays, through every day and special days. And here on this landmark post, I find myself so very grateful for every word you have bestowed upon me. I leave you today with the hope that there are many more posts to come, in many years to come, provided you will have me. I also wanted to let you know that I am not moving my blog to my new website. My blog is staying right here so I can continue to share my journey with you. I promise to let you know when my website is up and running. And finally, I wanted to share a scene from a snowfall earlier in 2014 near my home in Louisville. This was during the 'winter that would not quit' as many of us folks here in the States now refer to it. THANK YOU!

Linking to Sunlit Sundays

7 comments :

  1. Carol, you share not only your wonderful photos of what your eyes see, and the camera lens takes, but words, and send across the oceans, states and countries, and I value and appreciate this so much. Your words are from your heart, and I do hope that in 2015, we will share this and more with you. Fond greetings, for today and the New Year, from Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your 1000th post Carol. I'm glad that I found your blog as I enjoy your photos of nature and wildlife a lot. All the best in the year ahead to you. Blessings. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Carol, for deciding to share such a significant post with ☀Sunlit Sunday. Snow decorating an evergreen tree has to be one of the prettiest sights that winter offers us and I've gleaned that photography is a passion you have and love to pursue. Good Luck with your upcoming website and may you have a Happy New Year.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations on your milestone. I'm visiting from Sunlit Sunday. Lovely snow scene.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't the world of blogs a fascinating place??! It's quite amazing who comes to visit and leaves comments. Your snowy tree is awesome and I wish you all the best for blogging in 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your 1000th post! Love this shot with the fountain in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful milestone. I hope you post many more. Love this wintry shot.

    ReplyDelete