Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Waters in Tremont, GSMNP

The water was flowing fast and fierce on the Little River in Tremont in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park when I visited in May. As I photographed this waterfall I wondered just what this setting would bring. As I viewed these images in my software, I kept coming back to 'out of worldly' feeling. I'm not sure but I think it's the large craggy rocks that leave me with this feeling.



I have been very busy with the magazine lately which has left little time to get outdoors. And the heat and rain added to that.

A very big holiday is coming up. Speaking of holidays, today is Canada Day, so I wanted to wish all of my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day. Independence Day, or the 4th of July as we Americans tend to call it, is a few days away. Thinking of it conjures up memories of fireworks, flying the flag, and of course, there's hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill, good ole apple pie and well, you get the picture. I will be taking some time off and plan to spend some time along the southwest coast of Michigan visiting the quaint beach towns there. Lighthouse viewing, sandy beaches and shopping are on the menu. I am especially looking forward to Saugatuck, an arts and crafts community right in the middle of the coast. Settling on a destination was easy when I checked the temperature gauge for July. Michigan will be much cooler. The heat index here in Louisville made it to 100 today. I refuse to wish for winter after the 'one that wouldn't go away' is finally behind us. Stay cool. ENJOY!

3 comments :

  1. AnonymousJuly 01, 2014

    I'm spending a little time today to get caught up with you recent images. I always enjoy your waterfalls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a lovely photograph Carol; enjoy your time away

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful photos Carol. I love waterfalls and seeing photos of them. We had a wonderful Canada Day here and our humidex has been 40-45C the past 2 days. Unbelievable for early July. It's been in the love 30's Celsius (90'sF) since Friday. I hope you have a wonderful time in Michigan and enjoy celebrating the Fourth of July there.

    ReplyDelete