Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas is a Wrap

As the Christmas season wraps up, and the New Year is fast approaching, I wanted to share some of my holiday decorations I featured around my home this holiday season. The highlight this year was the beautiful new tree topper I added to my Christmas tree with shiny, glittering red and green sprays and a large bow. I also added a large green wreath with a beautiful red bow and ribbon which had large gold ornaments stamped on it. Inspiration for my tree topper came from several home and decor bloggers I follow.



And while most families gather before Christmas, or on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, as is the tradition, a gathering of some of my family has become a tradition born out of happenstance. Family members and I now meet for dinner out on this weekend after Christmas and later gather at my house for dessert. It started out by happenstance but is becoming a tradition. It isn't so much about food or gift giving as it is about sharing which in my opinion 'is the reason for the season'. We all decorate and spend time gathering for food and drink and gift giving throughout the season. We do this in celebration of the Christ child and to remember his birth. Yet, all of those gatherings of celebration in memory of him allows us to spend time together and share. As a working gal, I seldom entertain, but this small gathering has allowed me an opportunity to share my home with some of my family and share in the season. I hope you and yours had a wonderful holiday gathering with your family and friends enjoying and sharing in all that the season has to offer. I'll be back before the year ends. ENJOY!

3 comments :

  1. Sharing time together, the best of any season, love your decorations. Our tree had a handmade angel on top, sadly her head was a bit floppy, so no photos. But we loved it all the same. Enjoy the New Year with family at your place. Greetings from Jean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean, I hope you had a wonderful holiday. Happy New Year to you and yours! Carol

      Delete
  2. Glad that your still in celebration mode, Carol. That's what it's all about. Happy 2014.

    ReplyDelete