Sunday, September 16, 2012

Hummingbird Encounter


Sometimes we only have a mere second or two to capture a wildlife image. In this case, that was exactly what happened yesterday at Bernheim before this Hummingbird fluttered off taking refuge on a branch high up in a nearby tree. I didn't see him feeding at this butterfly bush until I was way too close for his comfort level. The Hummingbird was really blurry in the original image, as opposed to the butterfly bush which was sharp. By adding a heavy vignette and softening the overall image the Hummingbird's profile appears more prominent. I'd not seen Hummingbirds at these butterfly bushes in the Pavilion area at Bernheim before. In the future I'll be more aware. Have a great week all. ENJOY!

3 comments :

  1. I think it flew from me to you, Carol. They're so quick - good capture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the composition in this shot, Carol. The soft colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete