Friday, June 8, 2012

Mushrooms, A Variety

Mushrooms were plentiful as I visited various areas of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

Growing on trees . . .

Growing along the trail . . .

More mushrooms on the tree stumps . . .

Psychedelic yellow mushrooms . . .

Mushrooms growing on moss covered downed tree . . .

All of these varieties of mushrooms were found along the trails I hiked and were plentiful in variation and the number of areas I discovered them in. I hiked Porter's Creek Trail in the Greenbrier Section, along the Little Pigeon River, Cade's Cove in the most southern area of the park and the Baskins Creek Trail along the Roaring Fork Nature Trail. I found the most moisture clinging to the trees and plants along the Roaring Fork Nature Trail, as I expected. Have a wonderful weekend everyone. It's sunny, in the 80's and hopefully the humidity will stay at bay here in Kentucky. ENJOY!

2 comments :

  1. AnonymousJune 08, 2012

    It has been damp, I take it? like the little yellow ones, but don't know the name for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mushrooms are so interesting with their textures and shapes. You sure found a bounty of them. I like that second one that looks frosted!

    ReplyDelete