Saturday, May 19, 2012

Wood White Butterfly


A beautiful Wood White Butterfly dining on a wildflower at Falls of the Ohio. This image was taken about six or eight weeks ago on a brief Sunday visit across the pond, aka, the Ohio River. Obviously this image is heavily cropped and isn't the crispest image in the archive, but it's seldom you can get a Wood White Butterfly to sit still at all to take a really decent image. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I'm hoping to get some images to add to my archive on my upcoming outing. Until then. ENJOY!

3 comments :

  1. So delicate - both butterfly and flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 19, 2012

    It is pretty, and looks something like our cabbage white up here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ..pretty! I saw the Falls of the Ohio a few years ago when Matty, my niece and my sis-in-law returned from spelunking in Indiana!

    ReplyDelete