Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Outhouse


At the end of the Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park sits a very old mill and a tiny gift shop. Next to the shop sits this old outhouse, which to my surprise, was still in use. No, I didn't go in. I just opted to shut the door to take this photo. In this day of modern technology, it's nice to know some things sustain the test of time.

Before I leave you, if you check the weather in my sidebar, you'll find a red bar across today. The high is supposed to be in the mid 90's. I won't be venturing out today. Yesterday we had an ozone action day, so no outdoor activity. Tomorrow it's a repeat of today. I guess I'll be posting more images from my recent outing. Stay cool America and especially those Indy car drivers 100 miles up the highway. ENJOY!

2 comments :

  1. AnonymousMay 27, 2012

    I would stay in, too! Glad you got the shot of the old outhouse before the heat hit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find old outhouses all the time near abandoned cabins when I hike. They always call out for a photo! I'm mighty glad for indoor plumbing though.

    ReplyDelete