Friday, March 2, 2012

Weeping Pagoda, Bernheim Arboretum & Research Forest


A Weeping Pagoda Tree sits just inside the main entrance of Bernheim. I took this image in spring of last year. It seemed an appropiate image given the name of the tree after today's devastating weather. We lost several lives in Henryville, Indiana, a bedroom community, directly north of the Ohio River, north of Louisville. The high school there was totally destroyed as well. The small little town of Henyrville, they say, is virtually no more. Many businesses and schools had closed very early today in anticipation of this inclement weather.

All is calm for now, but the night is not over yet. I say a prayer for the loved ones of those who lost their lives today. Mother Nature is sometimes violent. I PRAY!

1 comment :

  1. Yes, I thought of you when I saw the devastation on the news. Stay safe, Carol. I cannot imagine the terror of an impending tornado. It is so early for such terrible storms! PS The ancient tree is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete