Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spring Wildflowers, Cherokee Park, Louisville, Kentucky



Yes, there is a park in Louisville I seldom get to. It's Cherokee Park which is one of the most beautiful Olmsted Parks located here in Louisville. It actually is in my territory I frequent nearly every day of the week, however, I don't always have time to stop. After I finished up today, I decided a quick trip through the park was needed. I hadn't visited Cherokee Park this early in Spring that I can recall. And what I found was magical. Beautiful yellow carpets of wildflowers everywhere you looked. It was like being on a magic carpet ride. ENJOY!

4 comments :

  1. Glad you had the time to stop - it made my evening here in CO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous carpet of 'sunshine' colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Did you know that when the Cherokees took some of the daffodils from the east to Oklahoma , when they were sent there? Check this out

    http://www.oldhousegardens.com/russellstudebaker.asp

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's pretty amazing Sandy.

    ReplyDelete