Friday, May 6, 2011

Spring's Bounty!


Spring 2011 will go down in the history books as a record setting season. With a record number of tornadoes across the South, record setting flooding in the Midwest, prompting the blowing up of three major levees along the Mississippi, and least we forget, a record 9.0 earthquake and many aftershocks in Japan. Setting aside all of mother nature's madness, and after such a long, snowy winter, I struck out to find the beauty and grace in nature. I found it twofold in all of the blooming flowers and flowering trees throughout the Kentucky and Southern Indiana area. I hope you've enjoyed the journey as much as I've enjoyed the quest. And I hope I have lifted your spirits at some point. Oh, and least I forget, Louisville, this my hometown, will be hosting the greatest two minutes in sports tomorrow, May 7, with the Run for the Roses in the Kentucky Derby. The excitement is palpable here as I've traveled around the city this week. Also, thank you so very much for all of your gracious comments. I read every single one. Have a wonderful weekend. ENJOY!

1 comment :

  1. AnonymousMay 06, 2011

    It has been some kind of a year, hasn't it?
    Oh yes, your beautiful flower shots got me through early spring.

    You have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete