Friday, May 20, 2011

Horsin' Around!

A little bit of horsin' around in the fields several weeks ago on an early spring trip I took along the Byway.


And then, there's this . . . That's right, a cow! Sitting in a field at one of the horse farms along the Byway, is a purple and white statue of a cow.

Several years ago Louisville held an auction and contest called Gallapalooza. Over 100 full size horse statutes cast in various positions were auctioned to the highest bidders. In turn, each individual commissioned an artist to paint the horses in various colors and patterns. Some adorned them with flowers or hats. You name it, there were all colors and patterns and motifs. Then the city held a contest to pick the winner. Why am I mentioning this you ask? Well I think I remember a few years prior to the Galapalooza in Louisville, I believe Chicago held a similar auction and contest using cows or something. Perhaps that is whence this cow statue in the Bluegrass Region came from. Perhaps I'll take a few photos of those horses and share them with you. There really are some cool horse statues I think you should see.

In the meantime, I'm heading out this weekend to none other than the Smokies. I'll be snapping photos while I'm gone. I hope the weather is good, for me and for you. Everyone have a great weekend. ENJOY!

1 comment :

  1. That cow is too funny!
    The horses are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete