Monday, April 18, 2011

Flowering Wisteria!


Wisteria is a flowering plant in the pea family, Fabaceae. Its woody climbing vines are native to the eastern United States and to East Asia. Wisteria is very popular in China and Japan. I did not know that. This beautiful flowering vine was blooming along the sidewalk next to a stone wall when I happened upon it this weekend. The backdrop just added to the whole feel of the image. As always, if you are tiring of my flower photos, please cry uncle. I've really enjoyed photographing flowers this Spring. ENJOY!

3 comments :

  1. I will NEVER cry uncle! I like the softness of the flower against the stone. The color is wonderful, too. I can just imagine the smell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Barb. The contrast with the stone adds to the shot. They do smell wonderful. Capture what you enjoy. I will get tired of flowers about October when I start watching the fall color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I was going to say I like the flowers against the stonewall, but they already did! Isn't wisteria a pretty word?

    ReplyDelete