Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spring Blooms!




Today was a gorgeous day. Blue skies, lots of sunshine, a little nippy but that's ok. It's still early in Spring. I'm going to overlook the fact that when I went to bed last night it snowed and left a trace on the ground when I got up this morning. Here's just a few images I took of this beautiful Japanese Magnolia Tree which greeted me as I entered Bernheim this afternoon. Such beautiful trees with gorgeous large blooms that resemble tulips and I love the craggy look of the bark too. There were several Japanese Magnolias situated around the arboretum as well. I have to admit I usually don't visit Bernheim this early in Spring but I wanted to see what was blooming so early. Apparently Japanese Magnolias bloom earlier in Spring. What is it about beautiful Spring blooms that makes us all smile? Hope you're having a wonderful Sunday. ENJOY!

5 comments :

  1. Beautiful Photos..I think everyone is ready for spring...Lovely blog
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how the Ohio river really is a barrier to north and south. I can't believe your magnolia trees are already blooming (even if they are Japanese magnolias)!! They are gorgeous... Thanks for posting a bit of spring. I need it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colourful blooms Carol. Still getting so spring sunshine here iven if the temperatures are a little cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That magnolia bud is my favorite - it offers a promise of what's to come. Happy spring, Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it is really spring there! These are just beautiful, Carol.

    ReplyDelete