Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ruffled Feathers!


I know it's the dead of winter, but I was taking a trip through my archives today and came across this image of a duck ruffling and cleaning his feathers, or in more appropriate terms, maybe it's preening, that I took while on my trek to Chicago last summer. I love the colors and the texture so I wanted to share it with you. Apparently I'm into textures and patterns if you read this blog regularly. I would love to be in Chicago right now . . . shopping, and eating, at all the fabulous restaurants, of course. By the way anyone know the name of this duck? Enjoy!

3 comments :

  1. Just ducky - wish I knew it's name, but I don't! I love those orange legs and the wet pebbles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo, Carol. I love the blue tips in the female Mallard's wings. She is beautiful in an understated way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shake it all about Mrs. Mallard. Nice one Carol. FAB.

    ReplyDelete