Saturday, November 21, 2009

Look Beyond What You See!


Today was the perfect day to take a walk with the temperature around 60 degrees. November? I have no idea what's up with the weather. But I'm happy about it. I took a walk to the edge of the field that sits behind my condo and felt a photo was in order. If you look off in the distance, you'll see out buildings over in the valley. About 500 feet from my condo the field ends and a woods begins. The woods gives way to a huge steep valley about half a mile away. This is as far from the city as I'm willing to live. I'm a city girl. I say that with great confidence although on any given day you may find me in a wildlife refuge, a park, a nature preserve or . . . I believe it's ok to want to spend time in the country or out in nature. As long as I can go back to the city. Enjoy!

Postscript: I uploaded a new header I've been working on. Hope everyone likes it.

2 comments :

  1. Our weather in southeast Ohio has been very mild, too, Carol, and I'm really enjoying it as well. Sounds like it will take a turn for the worse around Thanksgiving, though. Rats! That's a nice natural area behind your condo. Glad you've got a place that has you situated just where you need to be - that's very important! That collage in your header is quite wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...wow....this is gorgeous. You're lucky to have such a country feel and yet be so close to the city. I bet this brushy area will draw in a lot of birds. Beautiful! Today was our first cold day....ugh...it was 37 degrees when we were driving home from my mom and dad's. Blech!

    ReplyDelete